AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 ВХОД ДЛЯ ПАЦИЕНТОВ
 вверх
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 исходное
 последующие

Re: ANKLE FRACTURE
послал Alexander Chelnokov 13 Сентябрь 2004, 01:56
KEMMD> fixation, sparing even the talus (not to get wire as possible vehicle for
KEMMD> contamination)

If the foot is fixed by a wire in the metatarsus, any motions are excluded, and risk of contamination anywhere around the ankle is
extremely low.

KEMMD> and than early fusion.

I have no experience of so early fusion in such comminuted case. So many avascular fragments... The talus would contact with nothing, and a graft will "hang in the air". I would still try closed reconstruction of the distal tibia at least to provide more host for the fusion and postpone it for few months.

If plan to do something early - maybe perform shaft corticotomy and bone transport to the talus? I bet it would take less time than wait for the fusion after open surgery in 2-3 weeks.
Or maybe perform a closed tibia-talar nailing as is? Then control the healing and add grafts from time to time.
Or maybe combine these? Corticotomy, transport of the peice of the tube down to the talus, then small incision for talar cartilage removal, and after docking perform conversion to nailing.

KEMMD> Fixing the fibula, will provide some stability to the ankle and through the
KEMMD> incision relatively far from the major zone of injury (antero-medial), and

What instability of the ankle we are talking about if the tibia and the foot are fixed by the fixator? No forces are applied to the fibula in the environment.

KEMMD> provide just some weak reinforcement to the construct

I didn't perform stress tests, at least it prevents fibula against secondary displacement. Stressed 2 mm double wire is not so weak.
I used it only in two fibular cases recently. Colleagues from Moscow use the wires mostly for proximal humerus and even femoral neck.

KEMMD> - I would prefer the plate if tissues are good, or "real"
KEMMD> nail, like Rush - non locked, percutaneous large cannulated
KEMMD> screw, or even locked (Biomet SST fibular nail)... (examples

I realize what you mean. I also have seen a very attractive small nail which is locked by multiple wires - if it is available, it is great. But when the tibia is stablized by a nail or external fixator the stressed wire looks quite enough as a supplement for such a small bone.

KEMMD> There are different ways to skin the cat, but I guess, we
KEMMD> agreed that is good to fix the fibula in distal nailed tibia
KEMMD> fractures, aren't we!?

If the tibia is broken at the distal level, and fibula - at the midshaft, no need to touch it. To my mind fixation of the fibula is necessary for low fibular/malleolar fractures, when the ankle mortise is or near to be involved. For stabilization of the tibia it plays no role. Just take a large nail and use all locking options for the distal fragment.
Послать ответ

Имя
Email
Уведомление Сообщить мне по e-mail об ответах на это сообщение
Название
Комментарий
(Проверьте URL! Не забудьте написать http://!)
Кодировка
Если не знаете, что выбрать, выберите "Просто текст"!
Приложение
Можно приложить к сообщению файл c изображением, который затем будет доступен увидевшим сообщение.
Подготовка иллюстраций:
  • Рентгенограммы: черно-белые полутоновые изображения в формате JPEG (8 bit, greyscale) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Клинические фотографии: полноцветные изображения в формате JPEG (24 bit, truecolor) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Схемы и рисунки: черно-белые (2 bit) штриховые (line-art) изображения в формате GIF или compressed TIFF
  • Подберите степень сжатия файла JPEG и размер изображения таким образом, чтобы необходимые детали были различимы, но размер файла не превышал 75 кб.
  • Учтите, что текущая версия программного обеспечения Форума позволяет приложить к одному сообщению лишь один файл-вложение. Поэтому, если необходимо отправить несколько изображений, можно либо послать каждое как отдельное сообщение, либо в графическом редакторе объединить изображения в одно (сделать коллаж).
  • Если при подготовке изображений встречаются трудности, не стесняйтесь обратиться к координатору Форума.

• Введите видимые символы в обратном порядке. Enter the above characters in reverse order (*Обязательно)
    В тексте сообщения можно использовать теги HTML <B> <I> <P> <A> <LI> <OL> <UL> <EM> <BR> <TT> <HR> <STRONG> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV .*> <DIV> <P .*>
  • Обратите внимание: Поля с жирными названиями обязательны.
  • Старайтесь отвечать в рамках обсуждаемой темы, а не начинать новые обсуждения.
  • Указывайте адекватную тему сообщения, чтобы было ясно, о чем оно.
  • Не послайте сообщений не по теме (оффтопик), раздраженных, грубых или обидных комментариев. Здесь это неуместно.