AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 вверх
 отправить
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 Предыдущее
 Весь тред

Re: Рефрактура?
Tom DeCoster 25 Октябрь 2004, 07:23
Alex

Excellent definition and reference.

Is there some funtional point to all of this? Is a "refracture" considered a complication of the initial treatment and therefore a negative aspect of that particular form of treatment? Are "refractures" associated with any particular complications themselves, like nonunion, delayed union, further fractures...? Why would the vice-chair care whether or not you called this particular case a "refracture"? What difference does it make if you call it a refracture or not? If you don't call it a refracture, what other terms could it be? Secondary fracture? New fresh fracture?

What is the significance of a "secondary fracture"? It sounds like it's a similar category but somehow not quite as "bad".

Perhaps this concept is more commonly discussed in Europe or elsewhere?

TDeCoster
  • Сообщения о Ортопедия и травматология
  • Также Tom DeCoster
  • Связаться с автором
  • Ответить

Re: Рефрактура?
    Alexander Chelnokov 25 Октябрь 2004, 07:57
    TAC> Is there some funtional point to all of this? Is a "refracture" considered a
    TAC> complication of the initial treatment and therefore a negative aspect of that
    TAC> particular form of treatment?

I am not sure. Of course meaning of phrase "technically perfect osteosynthesis" is not constant, and what earlier we took as the one like ideal open reduction of the shaft now is interpreted as a common mistake. Maybe it also should be considered as a variation of patient response?

TAC> Are "refractures" associated with any particular complications
    TAC> themselves, like nonunion, delayed union, further fractures...?

In my experience all refractures are quite well healed without any further problem.

TAC> Why would the vice-chair care whether or not you called this particular

I'll explore her view this week.

TAC> What is the significance of a "secondary fracture"? It sounds like it's a
    TAC> similar category but somehow not quite as "bad".

I also don't know, and have to search the manual and other literature for this - maybe it means fractures due to screw holes, local osteoporosis etc, including peri-implant ones?

TAC> Perhaps this concept is more commonly discussed in Europe or elsewhere?

No idea.
    [ Ответить ]

( Ответить )