AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 ВХОД ДЛЯ ПАЦИЕНТОВ
 вверх
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 исходное

Re: prox screw failure
послал Tom DeCoster 30 Ноябрь 2004, 00:48
I have seen distal broken screws prevent nail extraction and fracture the femoral shaft on attempted removal. I was consulted intra-operatively on a case where the nail was partly removed and radiographs demonstrated the residual medial part of a broken distal screw had cut through about 10 inches of medial cortex (incredible and I wouldn't have thought it possible if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes). I use that radiograph to illustrate the point that implant removal is fraught with trouble.

Such a response in your case could produce a femoral neck fracture or other severe injury to the femoral head and neck. Therefore I suggest caution.

I have taken the connecting rod from the C series Hoffman external fixator (4 mm diameter stainless steel) and beveled the ends (one flat and the other with a slight hollow or concavity). I use that to tap the residual medial part of the broken screw immediately after removal of the lateral portion and the screw. In the distal femur the medial piece can be extracted by another incision or left. In the only case of proximal femur broken screw I left the screw in the medial thigh and is has stayed there for at least 3 years as the nonunion united. I keep the connecting rod for sterilization on cases with broken screws. For smaller screws (3.5 mm tibial) use the mini Hoffman connecting rod. You could use anything that works as a tamp but it's best if it is strong, straight, cylindrical, slightly less diameter than the screw, reasonable working length and has a flat end. Sorry.

If you try to extract the rod and it only comes a little then you lose the alignment of the lateral part of the screw to the nail and it makes it difficult to drive the medial part of the screw out. The threads may get caught on the inside of the nail.

I have never had any luck with trying to overdrill the screw through the nail. I don't think there is room. You can over-drill the tip from the medial side if it is sticking out of the cortex and you do a medial exposure. I've done that distally but never proximally.

Bonne chance.

TD
Послать ответ

Имя
Email
Уведомление Сообщить мне по e-mail об ответах на это сообщение
Название
Комментарий
(Проверьте URL! Не забудьте написать http://!)
Кодировка
Если не знаете, что выбрать, выберите "Просто текст"!
Приложение
Можно приложить к сообщению файл c изображением, который затем будет доступен увидевшим сообщение.
Подготовка иллюстраций:
  • Рентгенограммы: черно-белые полутоновые изображения в формате JPEG (8 bit, greyscale) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Клинические фотографии: полноцветные изображения в формате JPEG (24 bit, truecolor) с разрешением от 300х200 до 1024х768 пикселов;
  • Схемы и рисунки: черно-белые (2 bit) штриховые (line-art) изображения в формате GIF или compressed TIFF
  • Подберите степень сжатия файла JPEG и размер изображения таким образом, чтобы необходимые детали были различимы, но размер файла не превышал 75 кб.
  • Учтите, что текущая версия программного обеспечения Форума позволяет приложить к одному сообщению лишь один файл-вложение. Поэтому, если необходимо отправить несколько изображений, можно либо послать каждое как отдельное сообщение, либо в графическом редакторе объединить изображения в одно (сделать коллаж).
  • Если при подготовке изображений встречаются трудности, не стесняйтесь обратиться к координатору Форума.

• Введите видимые символы в обратном порядке. Enter the above characters in reverse order (*Обязательно)
    В тексте сообщения можно использовать теги HTML <B> <I> <P> <A> <LI> <OL> <UL> <EM> <BR> <TT> <HR> <STRONG> <BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV .*> <DIV> <P .*>
  • Обратите внимание: Поля с жирными названиями обязательны.
  • Старайтесь отвечать в рамках обсуждаемой темы, а не начинать новые обсуждения.
  • Указывайте адекватную тему сообщения, чтобы было ясно, о чем оно.
  • Не послайте сообщений не по теме (оффтопик), раздраженных, грубых или обидных комментариев. Здесь это неуместно.