AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 вверх
 отправить
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 Предыдущее

Re: Humeral pseudoarthrosis
Castro 06 Июль 2005, 19:56
Hi Dr. Josep,
Have a nice day,
This hypertrophic nonunion have to be treated by Ilizarov principles of close distraction-compression osteosynthesis.
By my opinion, if the nail is not broken, don▓t remove it, and apply Ex. Fix, with 2-3 pins in each part, then distraction for 7mm-10mm., followed by compression over nail, without any refreshment or opening of the fracture site > If the nail is broken, you can remove the proximal part of the nail only, by this way, you▓ll get a nice healing after 12 weeks approximately.
Yours Dr. Castro
Jordan

• Сообщения о Ортопедия и травматология
  • Также Castro
  • Связаться с автором
  • Ответить

Re: Humeral pseudoarthrosis
    George Thomas 07 Июль 2005, 14:15
    I would vote for removal of the nail and reosteosynthesis with a long plate (10 holes) leaving the screw holes near the fracture site empty. I would probably use 3 screws in each fragment, but could go up to 4. I would also use cancellous bone graft.
    [ Ответить ]

• Re: Humeral pseudoarthrosis
      Отправитель: Jeff Brooks 07 Июль 2005, 14:18
      I also vote for nail removal, ORIF with long (10-12 hole) plate - maybe a "wave plate" configuration, with autologous iliac crest graft underneath.

Also, ultrasound or e-stim postop will be of benefit.

There may also be a role, depending on availability and financial resources, for OP-1 (BMP 7).

Good luck. Please let us know what you do.

Jeff Brooks
      Stamford, CT

[ Ответить ]
      • Re: Humeral pseudoarthrosis
        Отправитель: Bill Burman 07 Июль 2005, 14:27
        >I also vote for nail removal, ORIF with long (10-12 hole) plate - maybe a
        >"wave plate" configuration, with autologous iliac crest graft underneath.

For "wave plate" example - see Lawrence Webb's OTA BFC Lecture

[ Ответить ]

( Ответить )