AOTRAUMA.ORG Центр Илизарова  

Ортопедия и травматология Общие вопросы/General questions Help Информационные технологии в медицине
 вверх
 отправить
 поиск
 админ
 главная
 Предыдущее

Re: Severely comminuted Trochenteric #
Amal Basak 29 Январь 2006, 00:49
Dear Members,

Few days ago I have posted an x-ray of severely comminuted Trochenteric # of Lt. Femur with sub-trochenteric extension of a male patient aged 65 years for opinion of fixation. Eight of you have kindly replied........

Dr. Alexander Chelnolov of Russia was in favor of Gamma Nailing.
Dr. George Thomas of Chennai............................ DCS.
Dr. Sanjeev M. Bhandari of Solapur........................Biological plating with 95* DHS.
Dr. Indrajit Sardar of Kolkata.................................DCS
Dr. Thakkar Navin of Ahmedabad..........................Smaller diameter nail + 2 hip pin or
screws + buttress plate
Dr. Ved Middha of Gwalior...................................DCS
Dr. Kanabar of Ahemedabad................................Ender Nailing
Dr. Pradip Kothadia.............................................Biological plates with DCS

I choose Long Gamma Nailing and did it on 24.1.2006.
Now posting the post op x-rays for all of yours comments please. Don't hesitate to criticize me.

Thanking you,

DR. AMAL BASAK
CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON

PARAMOUNT HOSPITAL PVT. LTD., MANGAL PANDEY ROAD., SILIGURI - 734405 : WEST BENGAL : INDIA

• Сообщения о Ортопедия и травматология
  • Также Amal Basak
  • Связаться с автором
  • Ответить

Re: Severely comminuted Trochenteric #
    Alexander Chelnokov 29 Январь 2006, 01:18
    DAB> ............Biological plates with DCS

So 2 people voted for nailing, 5 for plating, and one either. Among all of them only one voice for Gamma/PFN. Why did you decide in favor of the technique?

DAB> I choose Long Gamma Nailing and did it on 24.1.2006.
    DAB> Now posting the post op x-rays for all of yours comments

Congratulations. Virtually perfect. What reduction technique did you use? Looks like still traction table? To cavil to at least something looks like reduction is in microscopic varus - comparative x-rays can clear this - though only for academic interest with no clinical significance. Did you insert distal screws?

To obtain clear lateral view - with x-ray tube set to AP view perform hip and knee flexion 90/90 and some abduction, with no rotation.
    [ Ответить ]

( Ответить )